Torah Portion VAERA – Shemot (Exodus) 6:2-9:35
ATG – Addicts Turning to God, #10
Shabbat Shalom, dearly beloved!
It is time for the tenth part of a special series of Shabbat Letters based on my book ATG – Addicts Turning to God. These insights that the Lord gave me on treating addicts can save you from much frustration and can change the lives of many addicts as they turn to God.
Starve the Demonic Soul Tentacles (DST) – Let forgiveness flow!
ATGs have to let go of all anger, wrath, resentment, hatred, and indifference, which is a passive-aggressive form of anger often seen as ignoring someone, etc… against other people. They need to learn to forgive quickly and extend much grace to those who have sinned against them. Just like they are enjoying God’s grace, though they have sinned against God and many people greatly, they must extend grace. Only constant forgiveness will cause the Demonic Soul Tentacles to wither away. This forgiveness destroys the anger that is the main source of the DST’s strength and growth. The ATG has to learn to:
- Acknowledge his/her anger. (The passive-aggressive will say: “I am not angry, or I am never”)
- Forsake it by faith. One good tool for this is for the ATG to write down a list of all the people with whom he is angry or has been hurt by. Then read it out loud, declaring forgiveness over each one and then burning the list.
- Repent before God for harboring anger, even if it ‘seemed right.’ (Read the story in Matthew 18:23-35 and see that the ones who do not forgive are handed to the tormentors. These are evil tormenting spirits that harass one who has not forgiven others in the same way God has forgiven us through the shed of blood of Yeshua, His Son.)
- Stay in the Presence of God to receive God’s healing through worship, prayer, the Word, anointed teaching, recordings, and services.
- Teach the ATG about the Power of the Blood and the character of Yeshua as from the cross, He cried, “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they do.” If He could say that about His executioners, surely an ATG will have the Holy Spirit-given grace to forgive all those who abused him/her, refusing to forgive is plain rebellion against the heart of the gospel, which is Forgiveness. Teach them not to accumulate anger anymore: “let not the sun go down upon your wrath.” Forgive that very same day.
“Then Peter came to him and said. ‘Lord how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him. Up to seven times?’ Yeshua said unto him, ‘I do not say to you up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.” [Or in other words indefinitely.] Matthew 18:21, 22
Forgiveness is not a feeling, but an act of faith and a decision of the will. After that step of faith is taken, the ATG will be in a position to start receiving deep healing from God concerning his/her hurts. But they have to choose to forgive first.
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and Anger
Those suffering from ADHD are also addicts; they are addicted to receiving negative attention through disruptive and over-bearing behavior. They create disorder and much chaos to receive attention. They normally succeed in receiving negative attention and causing a lot of strife. Most parents will react with much anger when the ADHD child is acting up. The ADHD, like all addicts, have DST filled with anger and resentment. But their drug is your negative attention. By this, I mean your angry reactions, frustrations, and put-downs. So, to begin the treatment, you have to stop all negative reactions that may feed his/her addiction. This is easier when you are not the parent or the spouse of someone with ADHD. However, with God’s help and purposeful determination, set to the task of weaning your ADHD from his/her “drug.”
Worship and intercession are major tools that can help you to change the atmosphere. By all means, avoid frustration and frustrated mannerisms in your body and speech. When you see that you are going to react negatively, begin to pray and worship softly, especially in tongues. Begin to say softly: “Thank you, Lord, that you have given me the privilege of caring for this ADHD, thank you for all of his/her disruptive behavior…” Some powerful things happen when you thank God for that which you hate or think to be a curse in your life. Look at when Paul and Silas were in jail, beaten, and enchained with heavy chains because of preaching in the name of Yeshua. They started singing praise songs, and, all of a sudden, their chains broke. They were thankful that they were counted worthy to suffer for the name of the Lord (Acts 16:25,26). If God has entrusted you with a family member or a disciple who is an ADHD, thank Him that you are privileged to suffer for His name. You will watch your chains, and his/her chains break, as you are consistently thankful.
The same reactions and treatment concerning anger prescribed earlier for all addicts will work here. Many adults have ADHD. If you are caring for someone with ADHD, as you read this manual, apply the principles in the same way that you would to an ATG.
- Beware of responding in anger, as it will create demonic soul ties that feed on anger.
- Give strict and firm boundaries; let your “yes” be “yes,” and your “no” be “”
- Do not reject them, but DO restrict them.
- Teach the ADHD to forgive to starve the DST.
- Expose the ADHD to a lot of worship music.
- Calcium/Magnesium 2000/1000 and vitamin C, 1000×3 a day, really help.
- Get him/her off sugars, caffeine, chocolate, cocoa, tea, etc.…
- Channel his/her extra energy to help you in projects that need strength and to do physical exercise.
And what if you lose it? Don’t despair; God has mercy upon you. Repent, receive God’s healing, and keep on. Remember that in the economy of God, He is always working in your life, as well as in the life of the ATG under your care. Use every seeming failure to be an opportunity to draw you closer to God. Take days off often.
To be continued…
Your Israeli Mentors and Friends
Archbishop Dominiquae and Rabbi Baruch Bierman
To Send Your Offerings:
- Donate online: https://kad-esh.org/donations/
- Email us at email@example.com for bank details
- Call us in the USA 1-972-301-7087
- Checks in USD, Canadian Dollars or British Pounds to be sent to Kad-Esh MAP Ministries, 52 Tuscan Way Ste 202-412, St Augustine, Florida 32092, USA
- Western Unions & Money Grams addressed to: Hadassah Danielsbacka, 52 Tuscan Way Ste 202-412, St Augustine, Florida 32092, USA
Book of the Week: ATG – Addicts Turning To God
The Biblical Way to Handle Addicts and Addictions
Watch: Marriage before YHVH Part 3
Join Archbishop Dominiquae Bierman from PNG in this challenging message as she uses Holy Scriptures to emphasize how our acceptance of the Messiah Yeshua already makes us One with Him – just as in a covenant of marriage we become one with our spouse. Marriage is a building block of a healthy society. We must flee from immorality to avoid broken covenant – so we can walk in victory and power, experiencing His blessing and anointing upon our lives, ministry, and nation.
To become a member of UNIFY:
Join The 70 Righteous of The Nations!
Support the operation of the United Nations for Israel Embassy in the Jerusalem Hills with $100 a month. Press the button below and choose a monthly donation of $100 or email us for more donation options: firstname.lastname@example.org